new for september 2021:
Things have changed for families and so we are making some big changes to programming in the 3:30-5:30 “critical hours”.
Check out the flyer below for a chart (page 2) of all the after school programs available for Fall 2021! See dates, pricing, ages and all the details.
Whether kids are learning in-person or virtually, and whether parents are working at home or at the office, we know that these after-school hours are critical for the physical, social, and mental health of kids. For this reason, we are offering a wide range of programming to keep kids active, engaged, and social during the after school hours.
Programs start at 3:30pm, 4:30pm, or 5:30pm for a 7- or 8- week session. If you don’t need child care after school but want something fun for the kids to do before dinner then these programs are perfect!
Looking for child care between dismissal and dinner? We still have you covered. Become an After School Member and benefit from a series of perks including:
- Supervised transportation from Churchill Alternative and Broadview Public School
- Safe Arrival for children busing from Édouard-Bond, Saint-François-d’Assise, and Hilson
- Fun group activities until 6:00pm
- Healthy, kid-friendly snacks provided every day
- Discounted rates for PD days, Date Nights, and all 3:30pm, 4:30pm, & 5:30pm programs
For registered programs, children must be checked in 5 minutes before the class and picked up within 5 minutes afterward. For After School Members, supervision is provided until your program and afterward until 6:00pm.
After School Membership
After School Membership
Sept 6-Dec 17, 2021: $1656
$200 deposit due at purchase (non-refundable), $364 due on the 1st of each month
Kindergarten & Grade 1-6
Start your day in a healthy way!
Breakfast Club includes a healthy, fun breakfast menu and exciting activities to get up and moving in the morning. Children are provided lots of choices in the morning with opportunities for quiet play, reading and games as well as active games and sports. Some favourite activities include LEGO® building, Beyblades®, bracelets and Perler® beads. For those who have energy to burn before school, the gym is open for active games such as indoor soccer and last year’s favourite: Scooter mini-stick hockey.
A supervised walk to school is provided for students from Broadview Public School. For all other schools, please contact your child’s school to make bussing arrangements. After a fun walk from Broadview school, our program staff will accompany the kids into their designated schoolyards and will remain until the outdoor teacher arrives to take over supervision.
Breakfast Club Membership (Before School, 7:00-9:00am)
Sep 6 – Dec 17, 2021: $1272
$200 deposit due at purchase (non-refundable), $268 due on the 1st of each month
*deposit paid only once for those purchasing both membership
Registration for the new After school programs begins June 15.
(But you can buy your After school membership now!)
Click any of the links below and look for the word “After School” in the title e.g. After School Yoga, After School Rock Climbing etc.
To register for our programs or for payment-related enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For general program enquiries please contact:
Alie MacFarlane at email@example.com
To withdraw your child from the Out of School Care programs, please provide 30 days written notice to our Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your initial payment that was paid at the time of registration is non-refundable, regardless of when the withdrawal is made. After receiving and confirming your withdrawal request, your next scheduled payment will be pro-rated to reflect the 30 day notice period.
After School & Breakfast Club Programs: Revised safety procedures during COVID-19
Dovercourt will continue to provide programming to children during the after school hours, from school dismissal until 6:00pm on every school day. As a HIGH FIVE accredited organization, Dovercourt remains committed to a high-quality standard that is child-centered and respects the emotional, social, and physical safety of all children while promoting values of diversity and inclusion. Please see below for key changes to the program structure while COVID-19 precautions remain in place, and until further notice.
- A supervised walking school bus is provided for students at Broadview Ave Public School and Churchill Alternative School. Where other bus or van transportation is arranged, Dovercourt staff will greet the bus at Dovercourt and check the children into the program upon arrival. Dovercourt will no longer provide chartered school buses from any schools.
- Should a child not arrive at the expected time, a supervisor will phone a parent within 15 minutes to ensure the child is accounted for.
- A healthy snack will be provided and children will eat in their designated spaces at the designated times. Snacks brought from home should be in an easy-open container. Small, refillable water bottles are recommended as water fountains are available for re-filling only. For the time being, plastic bottles of water will be provided to all children. The Café/Canteen is not available for purchasing snacks. Vending machines are also not available.
- Indoor shoes are not required at this time. This will be revisited when the weather turns.
- Program activities will be outdoors as much as possible. All children should arrive prepared and dressed appropriately for the weather.
- Children who exhibit COVID-related symptoms will not be permitted in the program.
- Parents who are unsure of whether or not to send a child in the morning should complete the self-assessment online, or the school screening online. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
- Children who are sent home from school will not be permitted into the program during the afterschool hours. Return-to-school protocols will apply to the Dovercourt program. Where a child is deemed healthy enough to attend school, then they will be assumed healthy enough to attend the program. Where a child is asked to remain home from school, they must also remain at home after school.
- Dovercourt will not provide individual refunds, pro-rated refunds, or account credits for missed days. Regular withdrawal policies apply. In the circumstance of a prolonged school closure, account credits toward future payments may be provided across the board. A school closure will be considered prolonged if it lasts more than 5 days.
- Leaders who are exposed to a confirmed positive case of COVID will be asked to remain at home until they receive a negative test result, and are symptom-free. In this situation, all parents of children in that leader’s group will be notified immediately and asked to follow the direction of Ottawa Public Health.
- As the building remains closed to the public, parents who arrive for pick-up should ring the doorbell and wait outside. To reach the program coordinator, please text or call 613-850-0735.
After School program 2020-21
We provide a safe walking-school-bus from Broadview Ave Public School and Churchill Alternative School. We greet yellow buses arriving from Edouard-Bond, St. Francois D’Assise, Hilson Ave Public School, Terre-des-Jeunes, and Our Lady of Fatima. We can accommodate arrival times from other locations or schools as well, as long as transportation is arranged and provided.
Quality care at a place you can trust…your community centre!
As a HIGH FIVE® accredited organization, Dovercourt is committed to developing and delivering programs that are child-centred and reflect our values of respect, diversity and inclusion. All of our program staff are trained and certified in High Five®: Healthy Child Development and our programs are evaluated regularly to ensure a high standard of quality. To learn more visit www.highfive.org.