Why do fitness at Dovercourt?
We’re proud of our dedicated staff and exciting programming, making us your go-to fitness hub in Ottawa.
- Flexible options mean no contract for you
- Innovative classes like TRX and barre keep you engaged
- Pre & Postnatal programs: socializing & specialized exercises for moms & moms to be
- Gold Club or Dovercourt Fitness passes: fitness & social fun
- Meet your goals with one-on-one or small groups
- Fitness for all levels: gentle to advanced
- Our staff and clients are like family. Join us!
Fitness that’s personal & prescriptive
We offer many programs on land and in the water that provide many health benefits:
- Get strong with TRX
- Ride the most advanced bikes in Ottawa in spin classes (part of the Dovercourt Fitness pass)
- Rehab or workout with Aqua fit classes
- Take to the water with Standup paddleboard or aquafitness in the pool.
- Gain focus and peace with Tai Chi or Barre
- Try something fun or different like Zumba or (hula) hooping.
- Register for sessional classes or enjoy the variety & flexibility of a Dovercourt Fitness Pass or Gold club pass.
Commit to you…and not to a contract. We offer innovative programming with options to suit every interest and schedule, and we don’t lock you in. Our dedicated instructors and the welcoming vibe of our Centre will make you feel right at home.
See our latest program guide for details, or explore our programs in our Health & Wellness pages.
1. Who are you and what do you do at Dovercourt?
Hello there! My name is Jill Williams and I am first and foremost a Personal Trainer AKA a Movement Specialist! I teach Group Fitness classes and specialty classes here at Dovercourt. I work with people of all ages and skill levels. My classes focus on all types of exercise activities. This session, I am particularly excited about my new Myofascial Release class on Wednesdays. You will essentially learn how to self-massage!
2. What are the top three things a participant in your classes will experience?
I focus on each individual’s ability and provide alternative exercises during workouts or classes for different levels of skill. If you take one of my classes, you can expect me to teach you the correct techniques to minimize injury and improve your fitness level. One of the best parts of taking my Women on Weights + More classes is what I consider our “PLAY” portion of the class. I’m not giving up my secret but it is safe to say you will be laughing.
3. What is your favourite part of working in Health and Wellness at Dovercourt?
I love working at Dovercourt because of the participants! Over the past 5 years, I have met and befriended many wonderful individuals who bring their own special something to the community here at Dovercourt. This is truly a home away from home and I consider everyone to be a part of my extended family.
Join Jill for these registered classes:
- WOW – Women on Weights: Mondays @ 9:30am; Wednesdays @ 11:30am & 7pm
- Myofascial Release: Wednesdays @ 8pm
- Functional Fitness for Older Adults: Thursdays @ 11am
Get your pass for group fitness classes
You can buy your Dovercourt Fitness Pass or Gold Club pass by phone 613-798-8950 ext. 0., in person at our downstairs desk, or online.