NEW: Donate when you register
For a limited time, make a donation to "MAKE ROOM FOR EVERYONE AT DOVERCOURT" when you register.
When selecting a course or camp, add an extra:
- $20 donate to building expansion
- $50 donate to building expansion
- $100 donate to building expansion
Simply check the checkbox for your donation and the amount will be added to your cart. A tax receipt will be issued for your donation.
If you prefer to donate a different amount, please visit our campaign page on Canada Helps
Phase 2 of Dovercourt's expansion, Hobin Architects
Update on Building Expansion: Phase 2
Unfortunately we had several delays that prevented us from getting the start on this in June as planned, and winter construction costs would add approximately $40,000 to our project. We will start again in early March, and fully expect that we will have this new space ready for action for the summer of 2018.
We appreciate your understanding, and even more, your donation to our building project “MAKE ROOM FOR EVERYONE”,
at the desk or follow this link.
March 2017: Big news! We have decided that we will go forward with our final phase of expansion this summer. We are currently negotiating an agreement with the City that will allow us to do the project management, so we promise you that we will run a thoughtful project sensitive to the needs of our neighbours and of course, our clients.
Our primary purpose was to add one more large activity room, that we will fill with all ages and abilities! As you can see from the elevation above, the proposed addition is in the south east corner between the pool and Dovercourt avenue, and we are working with one of the best architectural firms in the country, Hobin Architects.
While we are off to a good start, we are launching a drive for fundraising.
There are multiple ways to make your donation:
- Customer Service representatives can receive your donation in person at either desk or by phone
- you can use the Donate button at the top of our website to visit our Canada Helps Donate page
- beginning with our Spring registration (March 7 fitness & rec; March 21 for Aquatics), you will be able to make a donation when you register online, as you add courses to your shopping cart
Every contribution is very welcome and we will give you a charitable donation receipt for any above $20 …and of course, a hug. :-)
Why Building Expansion?
As a social enterprise and registered charity (Registered Charity No. 11944 4263 RR0001), Dovercourt finds itself in a challenging position. Delivering social value to our community is paramount. As a not-for-profit organization, we direct all of our revenue to programming and operations.
Capital expenditures are not easily achieved, and this is why we are asking for your support in our Building Expansion Campaign. With your kindness and generosity, we can create an additional 3000 feet of multi-functional space that will ultimately mean more programming for more people, of all ages.
With your help, we can MAKE ROOM FOR EVERYONE AT DOVERCOURT.
To make an online donation:
To make a donation in person:
Please complete the pledge form that can be found at the Pool Desk on the first floor at Dovercourt Recreation Centre at 411 Dovercourt Ave.
To discuss sponsorship opportunities
Please contact Executive Director, John Rapp at 613-798-8950 ext. 224
Not quite ready to make a donation but would like to learn more?
No problem. Take a look at our Campaign Brochure below.
Dovercourt’s inclusion and accessibility programs
As a registered charity, Dovercourt is committed to make sure that all of its programs and services are accessible to everyone in our community. While we rely mostly on our success as a social enterprise to support our charitable programs, donations are very welcome.
We help insure that all ages and abilities can access our programs through the following initiatives:
- Financial assistance: If affordability is a problem, complete our simple financial assistance form and DRA will provide a subsidy of up to 75% of the program cost to qualified applicants.
- Targeted programs: Sometimes the best way to reach people with challenges is to offer a program to suit their needs, this includes rehabilitation fitness programs, free disabled swims, our WAVE and ALIVE programs for adults in the autism spectrum, subsidized programs for youth and seniors and more.
- Accessibility and inclusion: We work with parents and individuals to include people with disabilities in all of our programs. Sometimes that requires assistance with transportation, one on one supervision, a special device, or training for staff.
Dovercourt’s Community events and resource sharing
Dovercourt works with a number of community partners and sponsors to provide resources and events that help our community. These include our annual Garage Sale with Westboro Community Association, The McKellar Fall Harvest Fair with the McKellar Park Community Association, our rinks’ winter carnivals, and our wading pool’s special events. As well, Dovercourt has two cargo vans and a variety of special event equipment such as sound systems, a bouncy house, and great young staff that we deploy to neighbourhood street parties and big events such as Westboro Fuse and WESTFEST. All of these are free events, so your donation can help support these community-building events.
Donations to Dovercourt can be made to Dovercourt at either of our Customer Service desks.