Read about events that take place at Dovercourt Recreation Centre.
Bikefest - Sun. June 17, 2018
Come celebrate the start of the cycling season! In collaboration with the Broadview and Churchill school volunteers, all are welcome to a Bike Skills & Safety Festival.
Activities will include: helmet fit station mechanical quick check, riding skills challenge and a simulated intersection, bike wash and art station, the famous slow race and mountain bike mini-course, and more!
See you all there!
This is a FREE event.
The 5th Annual Ottawa Riverkeeper 4K Swim - Aug. 11, 2018
If you like to swim, consider this fundraising event for our friends at Ottawa Riverkeeper!
The fifth annual Ottawa Riverkeeper 4K swim will be held on August 11th this year!
This unique open water swimming event welcomes athletes who are ready to span the Ottawa River, from Ontario to Quebec. If you prefer slightly shorter distances, don’t fret: in addition to the 4K, we also host 1.5K and 750m events on the same day.
The swim is a fundraiser for Ottawa Riverkeeper, a charity that advocates for a swimmable, drinkable, fishable Ottawa river. Every year we see more and more river lovers come out to make the crossing, and we hope you’ll join us this year!
If you are an avid paddler rather than a swimmer, we would also love to have you join us! Our escort paddlers are integral to the success of our event and the well-being of our swimmers. This year, our paddlers will also be entered in the draw for door prizes!
For more information, follow this link: https://www.ottawariverkeeper.ca/riverkeeper-4k/
We hope to see you out on the water!
Other upcoming Dovercourt events:
- Tue July 10, 11am-2pm: Animal Planet: A water world where all your favourite animals come to swim. @ Westboro wading pool
- Fri Jul 27, 4-7pm: Sports Spectacular: Come test your skills at a variety of fun & challenging water sports. @ Woodroffe wading pool
- Wed Aug 8, 10am-1pm: Bubble Bath Brunch: Bring your favorite tub toy & pack a lunch. Ideal for the “wee” preschoolers.@ McKellar wading pool
- Sun Aug 26, 5-6pm: 22nd Annual Dog Swim: Bring your pooch for a dip in our outdoor pool. Dogs must be on a leash. Owners, prepare to get wet! @ Westboro wading pool
- Monthly hoop jams - Fridays 6:30-8pm, September to June
- Come out and hoop with us! A great opportunity to practice your (hula) hoop skills. Music & hoops provided for use. All are welcome. Assembly Hall/ OPTSC room, upstairs. Free. See the Dovercourt calendar for dates.
Our Annual Dog Swim - with bonus Dog Yoga class!
Sun. August 27, 2017
We had a great turnout for both the dog yoga class and our annual dog swim! It was great to meet dogs and owners alike. Thank you to our staff for organizing the event, and to Wendy who (patiently) instructed the yoga class (Wendy teaches all kinds of great classes for humans; check out TRX, aerial, aquafit, family yoga & more).
See a gallery of photos from the yoga class and dog swim here >>
- Sun. Aug. 27, 6:30-7:30pm: Our 21st Annual Dog Swim - Bring your pooch for a dip in our indoor pool. Dogs must be on a leash. Owners, prepare to get wet! Dovercourt indoor pool. Our pool is drained following this event, and is closed for 3 weeks for annual maintenance, reopening Sat. Sep. 16.
- New! Dog Yoga class at 5:30pm in the Carling Motors room! Donations welcome. A fundraiser for Marshall's Dog Rescue.