Read about events that take place at Dovercourt Recreation Centre.
Mindfulness Workshop -
with Jennifer Innes, Ottawa Meditation & Wellness
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
6:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Dovercourt, $82 – course code MSBR1
Register with Dovercourt online registration or by phone or in person
This workshop is a great opportunity to experience directly what mindfulness is. During this workshop you will:
- learn how to meditate
- get a taste of different mindfulness practices
- learn about the benefits and misconceptions of meditation
- learn to respond more effectively to stress
- participate in an open forum to discuss mindfulness and ask questions
- be provided with a recording to support you in starting your own practice
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/2273926249329309/
Learn more about Ottawa Meditation & Wellness here >>
Dog Yoga class & Annual Dog Swim - Sun. Aug. 25. 2019
Dog yoga: 4:15pm-5pm. Outside at Dovercourt, under the blue & white tent.
Dog Swim: 5-6pm. At Dovercourt, in our wading pool.
Free admission (donations are welcome). In support of Marshall's Dog Rescue. Booths, raffles, games, obstacle course, dog bathing station, treat bags.
Dovercourt Winter Carnival
Stay tuned for next year's winter carnival in January 2020.
- Monthly hoop jams - Fridays 6:30-8pm, September to June, usually the 2nd Friday of the month (check the Dovercourt Centre Google Calendar)
- Come out and hoop with us! A great opportunity to practice your (hula) hoop skills. Music & hoops provided for use. All are welcome. Assembly Hall/ OPTSC room, upstairs. Free. See the Dovercourt calendar for dates.