Winter 2021 programs
During lockdown, registration and classes are suspended.
We’re excited to welcome you back to in-person ballet classes and customizable in-person dance classes!
Read on for more Covid-related information to keep everyone safe.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell, have symptoms of COVID-19, have been advised by Public Health to, have been in close contact with someone with COVID 19 or have tested positive for COVID 19
- Students and staff will be screened when they arrive on site
- We ask that only students enter the building. If parents or guardians need to come in, they will be asked to sign in
- Come prepared: make a trip to the bathroom before class, bring your water bottle, come dressed to dance.
- Masks must be worn when entering and exiting the building. It is preferred that they are worn in class, but it is not mandatory.
- Wash or sanitize hands before you enter your lesson room
- Maintain 2m physical distance as much as possible
- Wash or sanitize hands before you go home
At Dovercourt, dancers learn the love of dance in a fun environment!
Dancers have developed self-esteem, coordination, balance and poise because of our professional and fun instructors. The balance, coordination and flexibility taught will be a great benefit to any child wanting to learn dance.
Dovercourt is great as always, thanks. I can teach them a lot of things, but not how to dance. I’m amazed at their progress!
With an instructional style that encourages creative expression and movement in a pressure-free atmosphere, Dovercourt’s Dance School teaches dance classes in:
Creative Movement & Ballet
Our young preschool, children and youth students develop an appreciation for the art of dance as well as the physical skills and techniques specific to each dance genre.
The annual Dovercourt Dance Recital is the highlight of our dance year!
The session fee includes the classes (January to June), recital registration and costume. Recital tickets go on sale in May. There will be a dress rehearsal on the morning of the recital at Notre Dame. Professional photos will be taken and will be available for purchase on the afternoon of the recital.
Many students wear bodysuits, tights and dance skirts. Your dancer may wear any comfortable clothing (i.e. jogging pants, shorts, t-shirt), as long as it allows freedom of movement. We recommend a soft comfortable shoe such as jazz shoes, ballet/ gymnastic slippers, or bare feet (please no socks).