Read about the many events that take place at Dovercourt Recreation Centre.
Saturday June 10 - Awesome events at Dovercourt!
Thanks to everyone who came out to our Garage Sale, the I Dig Dovercourt Kick off event and to Music in the Park!
Sharing Dance: June 7, 14 & 21, 5:30-7pm
In partnership with Canada’s National Ballet School (NBS), The School of Dance and Dovercourt Recreation Centre invite you to join the nation’s biggest dance party to celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday! People of all ages and abilities wanted! No experience required! Come and learn the dance that this being taught all across Canada!
The Dovercourt community is invited:
Wednesdays, June 7, 14 & 21, 2017; 5:30-7:00pm, Dovercourt Recreation Centre, 411 Dovercourt Ave, Ottawa (outside on the tennis courts)
Come once, come twice or join into all three
Events led by Marie-Michelle Darveau!
More upcoming events:
- Dovercourt Annual Dance recital Sat. June 24, Notre Dame School Auditorium
- the Big Band Swing Dances with Grey Jazz - 6:30-8:30pm, the last Sunday of every month, in the OPTSC room, upstairs
- The last Sunday of each month is your chance to dance to the big band sounds of Grey Jazz. These old pros still have the chops, and Dovercourt has a great dance floor for you. Come out to dance, or just to enjoy the music. Admission is free, but donations to the Parkinson’s Society are greatly appreciated.
- Summer Wading pool events:
- Tue July 11, 11am-2pm: Cartoon Cooldown - A water world where all your favourite cartoon characters come to life. Westboro Wading pool
- Wed. Aug. 9, 10am-1pm: Bubble Bath Brunch - Bring your favourite tub toy & pack a lunch. Ideal for the "wee" preschoolers. McKellar Wading Pool
- Sun. Aug. 27, 6:30-7:30pm: 21st Annual Dog Swim - Bring your pooch for a dip in our indoor pool. Dogs must be on a leash. Owners, prepare to get wet! Dovercourt indoor pool.