Dovercourt Day Camps
Newsletters & info
Parking for drop off and pick up for camps at Dovercourt Recreation Centre is available in the parking lot and the streets surrounding the facility and park. Please park with due care and consideration of our neighbours. The roadway in front of the Recreation Centre doors on both levels must be kept clear for access by emergency vehicles and so there is no stopping or parking anywhere other than in a designated parking space.
If you park on the adjacent streets, please note bylaw officers may ticket you if you park on the wrong side of the street, even if you are just making a quick drop off/ pick up.
- Golden Avenue: park on the west side of the street (the side with houses)
- Roosevelt Ave: park on the east side of the street (the side with houses)
- Dovercourt Ave: park on the south side of the street (the side with houses)
Week 9 camp newsletters - Aug. 25-29, 2014
• Adventure - Backcountry
• Culinary & Visual Arts - Nature Paint, Pottery, Culinary: Top Chef
• Overnighter - Youth zone
• Preschool Theme - Private Eye
• School Age Theme - Secret Agent Academy
• Sports X - Cycling, Tennis, Climbing, Active Start
Week 8 camp newsletters (pdfs) - Aug 18-22, 2014
• Week 8 rain locations inside the building (for sign in or sign out)
• Firefighter/ 911 Rescue Academy
• Overnighter/ Youth Zone
• School Aged Theme - Wild Things
• Sports X - Combat, Paddleboard
• Sports - Active Start, Swimming, Lifeguarding, Skateboard
Job Postings for counsellors
Applications for 2015 will be available online from January - April 2015.
Dovercourt offers one of the largest Summer Day Camp programs in Ottawa, with so much variety and lots to choose from. Each year we add new activities, events and camps to stay up to date with current trends and to keep things exciting. We also offer day camps during the Christmas holiday and March Break.
Our hiring and internal development program ensures we have staff members who you can trust and who serve as positive role models and play leaders for your child. All of our staff and volunteers are certiied in Standard First Aid & CPR and High Five: Principles of Healthy Child Development and have completed a police record check. Daily activities are planned and reviewed in advance by senior programming staff and management so you can expect a well-balanced and age-appropriate schedule full of fun and skill-developing activities.
We are excited to partner with Funlanguages Canada again this year to host a number of young students from Spain. They arrive on Canada Day and spend one month in the community learning about life in Canada. Many of them participate in our Leader-In-Training and Counselor-In-Training programs and you may see some of them volunteering in camp programs. Funlanguages is currently looking for home stay families who live close to Dovercourt and those with summer campers, LITs or CITs or camp staff would be a bonus. Families are offered a reimbursement of $800. See the poster for more details.
- Summer Camps & Summer Swim lessons, June 30 - Aug. 29, 2014: registration is open
2014 Summer Camps information
Our 26 page Camp book is filled with exciting options for kids ages 3 to teen, including theme & Specialty camps, pre & post care, camp swim lessons, lunch packages and is available online and in the Centre! Our parent handbook contains detailed information including contact info and daily routines. See more info about our Band camps in our Band Camp flyer.
Registering for Camps
You can register online, by phone (613-798-8950 ext. 0) or in person for all of our Camps. Details can be found in each of our Camp brochures.
Did you know we offer payment schedules? A payment schedule can be set up for your convenience. 50% of the camp fee is due at the time of registration. The remaining 50% will be deducted from your credit card of choice 21 days before the camp start date. When registering online chose the "Details" button to set up the payment schedule.
We partner with a number of amazing organizations to bring that extra flair or expertise to our camps.
• Ian Dudley, "The LEGO Guy" (on Twitter: @LEGOGuyCA)
• Parmar Sports: www.parmarsportstraining.com
• The Cowguys: www.cowguys.com
• Young Rembrandts: www.youngrembrandts.com
• Access MMA: www.accessmma.ca
• Rogers TV: www.rogerstv.com
• Advantage Boating : www.advantageboating.com
• The Ark : www.synergyark.com
• Little Ray's Reptile Zoo: www.raysreptiles.com
• Radical Science : www.radicalscience.ca
• Eric Leclerc : www.ericleclerc.com
At the end of summer, there is always a pile of campers belongings left at camp. This is an expensive waste for our campers (and their parents!) As a way to target the problem of lost belongings and a large lost and found closet, we are encouraging our campers to label all belongings.
We have partnered with Mabel's Labels, a company with all types of labels that are colourful, indestructable and fun! With a special 'Camp Pack' available and also a larger “Big Combo”, your camper can label absolutely everything!
Go to www.dovercourt.mabelslabels.com and then place your order!
We look forward to sending campers home with ALL their belongings!